Giant Prickly Rhubarb
Giant Prickly Rhubarb (Gunnera manicata)
A true giant amongst plants, with leaves up to 1m in diameter. The huge leaves are borne from long prickly stems and it produces green/red club shaped flowers in high summer, that can be up to 70cm in length. Also known as Chilean Rhubarb or Prickly Rhubarb.
- Plant Type - Moisture Lover
- Normally Available from - Mid April
- Ground level planting
- Height - 150cm to 300cm
- Position - Full Sun to Part Shade
- Growth - Fast
- Flowers - Jul
- Flower Colour - Green/Red
- Foliage - Deciduous
- Hardiness - Hardy (-5ºc to -10ºc)
Specific Plant Care:
Cover crown with dying foliage or straw in Autumn to protect from frost.
Each plant also comes with a comprehensive label offering further planting advice.